Does your band have what it takes to make the crowds go crazy?
Hindustan University presents the Hindustan Battle Of Bands on the 5th of August, 2016. Bringing together bands from colleges & universities across the country, the event promises to set participants off on an exciting musical experience that includes the winning band a slot as the opening act for Thaikkudam Bridge at Chennai’s biggest music festival, The Music Festival – Season 4 on the 7th of August, 2016 and also win prizes worth One lakh.
We’d love for you be a part of the Hindustan Battle Of Bands 2016.
Please note, the last date for online registration will be at 11:59pm on the 2nd of August, 2016.
For Inquiries, call:
Prarthana Pattabi: +91 9566036424
Aum Janakiram: +91 9884042886
Royson: +91 9884948620
1. Hindustan Battle Of Bands 2016 is scheduled for the 5th of August, 2016 at Hindustan University, Chennai.
Rajiv Gandhi Salai (OMR), Padur, Kelambakam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 603103
2. All bands must register online before 11.59 P.M on 2nd August,2016.
3. All bands are required to report at the venue by 8 A.M on the 5th of August, 2016
4. Each band member must carry a valid college or university ID card / proof of date of graduation as well as the confirmation receipt received on registration.The competition is open to students who are currently in college and to those who may have graduated from college after March 2015. Participants must be below the age of 25 years.
5. Each band can have a minimum of 3 members and a maximum of 8 members and no member can be a part of more than one band. Members of a band can be from different colleges.
6. Bands will be judged on the following criteria-
– Originality ( composition and lyrics, band name, stage act etc)
– Musical ability
– Stage presence
7. On stage time for each band will be 20 minutes inclusive of set up time.
8. Bands can perform music of any genre except for Classical and programmed music will not be allowed on stage.
9. Organizers will not be responsible for any failure of any kind of instruments of the band. They will also not be responsible for any loss of property. Owners must take care of his/her belongings.
10. The winning band will get an opportunity to open for Thaikkudam Bridge at The Music Festival Season 4 on the 7th of August, 2016
11. Guitar amplifier, keyboard amplifier and bass amplifier will be provided. A standard drum kit including a hi-hat, basic cymbals and a single bass pedal will also be provided to the bands at the venue to perform. However, we’d encourage you to bring your own cymbals. Drummers must bring their own double bass pedals.
12. The judges decision will be final.
13. Entry is open to friends of band members. However, bands must notify us about the number of accompanying members.
14. Bands from outside Chennai anywhere in India must register before the 31st of July, 2016.
15. Any misconduct or derogatory behavior will lead to disqualification and will be asked to leave the campus.
1st place- INR 25,000 + gifts/vouchers and a slot at The Music Festival Season 4 featuring Thaikkudam Bridge.
2nd place- INR 15,000 + gifts/vouchers
3rd place- INR 10,000 + gifts/vouchers
Travel & Accommodation:
– Free accommodation will be provided only to out station band members for one night only. The band can choose either the 4th night or the 5th night. However the band must inform the organizers before the 31st of July, 2016.
– Additional accommodation for the night will be available at a nominal fee of Rs 500 per head.
–Travel will be at the band’s own expense.