Amaranta Entertainment is a product of true passion founded by Mr. Geoffrey G Thomas and is a first of its kind company that aims to identify, support and manage deserving individuals in the field of music and sports.
In the vibrant world of music creation and development, Amaranta has its roots in the field of radio content, events, music workshops, and artists/band management. This experience and expertise has naturally extended into the functioning and principles of the company. The inherent knowledge of the music business and the understanding of all the factors required to help quality music travel beyond boundaries allows us to identify potential in artists and we strive to provide such artists with the exposure and the platform that they deserve.
In this regard the identified artists who are currently supported and managed by Amaranta are those who bring fresh and original songs to the table and have a lot of exciting musical talent to offer. Amaranta encourages original talent and provides different platforms for performance and growth opportunities that are unfortunately crippled in the wave of cover performances. In this regard the artists who have produced various albums and projects under us are:
- Nrithya Maria Andrews (Album: Bittersweet)
- Soundarya Jayachandran (Album: Shades of Revival)
- Yohan Marshall (Album: Your Silence)
Amaranta will produce and popularize talented independent artistes who are creating original music, by giving their music the platform and audience reach that it deserves. Amaranta is also supporting a very eagerly awaited project by Aalap Raju titled Project Yuj which is currently a work in progress that calls itself India’s newest genre-defying fusion ensemble which features a group of very versatile, talented musicians of different ages and experiences. Along with Project Yuj, Amaranta is also supporting Raalap which is a collaborative effort by Aalap Raju and Rahul Nambiar.
Amaranta also believes in conceptualizing, organizing and executing properties in the field of music such as First Album Concerts which included the following bands:
- BLUES CONSCIENCE
- ALLEGRO FUDGE
- MAD ORANGE FIREWORKS
Amaranta also created and conceptualized a first-of-its-kind property in Chennai namely The Music Festival which met with a lot of success. The Music Festival, which will only get bigger and better with every passing year, intends to establish a recurring festival that will draw musical talent from different cities to perform over the course of three-four days. The idea is not to restrict the scope to original creations but to involve talented and upcoming groups who deserve a platform to perform and showcase their talents. It also aims to uncover hidden talent in the city by involving college bands that show promise.
The Music Festival kicked off in February 2014 and included performances by the following bands.
- The F 16s (Chennai)
- Paradox (Vellore Institute of Technology)
- Pitch Please (Ethiraj College for Women Chennai – Acapella band)
- Lou Majaw (Shilliong)
- Chrome O Soul (Chennai)
- Plan B (Kolkata)
It is also prudent to mention that Amaranta believes that music is about being free spirited and passionate and is something that is a liberating and enriching experience for everyone irrespective of professional training. In this regard in order to allow more people to shed their inhibition and to extend the gift of music beyond the professional arena, Amaranta has organized and conducted several Karaoke competitions in Chennai as well as Bengaluru and plans on continuing the same because of the immense success and response that It garnered.
In the grand arena of sports, Amaranta firmly believes that sports is very character building and can create wonder in individual lives as well as transform the fabric of a nation. Amaranta is keen to support and manage hardworking and committed sports people who require aid in terms of funding, opportunities, specialized training and other aspects. The focus is predominantly towards lesser-recognized sports such as women’s cricket, chess, athletics and others in the same category.
The sports people supported and managed by Amaranta Entertainment are very talented and very hard working individuals who have been fighting against the odds to see their sporting dreams come true.
- Hemalatha Dayalan (TamilNadu Senior state level cricketer. Represented South Zone for Under-19 as well as Seniors)
- Swetha C.V (TamilNadu Senior state level cricketer)
- Keerthana S.B (TamilNadu Under-19 and Senior state level cricketer)
- Vinithra Madhavan Menon (TamilNadu Under-19 state level cricketer)
- Rochelle Macfarlane (Athletics: Triple jumper, represented India in the School Olympics and has many medals of achievement to her name)
- Vaishali (Chess: Under-14 Gold Medal Winner in the 2014 Commonwealth Chess Championship, Under-12 gold medallist Asian Youth and World Youth Chess Championship, Women Fide Master)
- Pragnyananda (Chess: Under-10 gold medallist Asian Youth and World Youth Chess Championship, Fide Master)
- C.A. Bhavani Devi (Fencer: Individual and team gold medallist National Games, Senior Nationals, Senior Federation Cup and many more to her name including Olympics and Asian games training and participation)
- Slum Children Sports Talent and Education Development Society (SCTEDS) – Slum soccer team which has worked against all odds to become a first division football team in the football league.
All these sports people have been scaling great heights with their careers and Amaranta hopes to support and guide them in their impressive endeavours.
Amaranta Entertainment has been progressing with an iron cast determination since its inception in 2010 and the future looks very promising not only for the company but more importantly for the deserving artists and sports people who are associated with the company.